ACME Superstore!

Here is another banger of a toy store close to the Orlando, FL area!


See what is inside of the ACME Superstore!

The ACME Superstore is located in Longwood, FL and is one of the biggest geek stores I have ever stepped into. Their signs claim they have over 1 million items in inventory, and I would say it is very much true!

Like other geek stores in the Orlando area, there are many nice display pieces accompanying the products in the store!

The store has like 6 of these long aisles packed with toys modern/vintage and new/used!

These Xevoz immediately brought me back to 5th grade! These were "put together" action figures from Hasbro with the help of the Singaporean company Mister Bany J! Although obsolete in many ways, these hold a simple charm and are still fun to handle! They were also better than their Stikfa counterparts in that they were not as delicate!

You do not see Marx "Best of the West" figures and Mask vehicles in many vintage toy stores!

Some more fun display pieces in the store! I think these were for sale though.

They had a lot of nice 25th Anniversary Joes MIB; fortunately, I already had them all!

This cabinet had many loose modern smaller Joes! I was tempted by the Cobra soldiers, but I was also watching my wallet!

Look at this cool life-size Xenomorph just hanging out!

It was nice to see the top shelf dedicated to Ghostbusters toys!

Some more fun stuff you do not see in most vintage toy stores! The Mondo Hordak was incredible, so was its price tag!

I loved seeing this Captain Action / Kid Action poster on the wall from Praying Mantis! I really wished that series lived longer!

ToyBiz was killing it back in the day with Lord of the Rings figures alongside their Marvel stuff! The biggest problem with these Middle Earth figures is the face sculpts and paint jobs have aged terribly in comparison to the modern day action figure.

I really wanted this 1/6 Bactrian camel to go with my 1/6 arabs, but both its price and size were very inconvenient!

I really respected that they had shelves dedicated to King Kong! Most vintage toy places may have a small Godzilla section at best.

This was a rare 1/6 Rocketman (Commando Cody) by Go Hero! His price was very high, and I know that his pleather jacket has not aged well either. It was still a cool piece to run into!

Here was a cool life-size statue of Superman near the comic books!

The ACME superstore was definitely somewhere you could spend hours at and not even realize it! I actually did not purchase anything simply because they just did not have anything I absolutely needed. I would still recommend stopping by there! I would also stop by Davey's toys if you are in the area!

-Chuck

Comments

Popular Posts