I was asked to volunteer at this year's DFW GI Joe And Action Figure Show, and boy did I have a BLAST!
See all of the crazy action figure goodness below!
 |
| The 2026 DFW GI Joe And Action Figure Show took place on May 29 to May 31 at the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport Marriott! |
 |
| They had two official show exclusives, a 1/18 figure and 1/6 uniform. They both were commemorating the 60th anniversary of Action Man. |
 |
| Cotswold asked to help set up the show and run things throughout. They recently set up a deal with vintage Lanard stock! |
 |
| This is a very rare 1/6 Ultra Corps "Walker Stalker." These came out in the late 90's early 2000's. I never saw this set anywhere in the United States. |
 |
| My beloved K-9 Corps line was present at the show! These were developed by the same female designer who created Lanard's Catwalk Kitties. The K-9 Corps made money and apparently had the greenlight for a Series 2, but the owner of Lanard at the time decided to scrap it at the last minute. |
 |
| This is Mark Tebbe! He was a designer at Lanard and created the Ultra Corps! I talked to him for hours and learned so much about how the Ultra Corps was developed. He designed the Walker Stalker above to originally have a covering over the figure, but it did not make it into final production. The Walker Stalker was created because of the success of the Exosquad toy line at the time! Mark is currently the Vice President of Product Development at Lanard Toys. |
 |
| Here is my exclusive Admiral Shaku at the Cotswold table! He sold very poorly at the show, but I sold out of him within 2 weeks in the secondary market! |
 |
| Here is a fan dressed up as Lady Jaye! |
 |
| Savage Crucible debuted some prototypes of some upcoming snake men! |
 |
| Independent toy creator god, Robert De Castro, was at the show! I got to meet him in person finally, and he was awesome! He brought three different custom G.I. Joe uniform sets. I bought the one above, because it was awesome! |
 |
| This was his second set which was also very cool! |
 |
| The Robot Hunter was also very cool! He recently acquired a resin 3-D printer and instantly became a 3-D modeling expert only on TinkerCad! |
 |
| The 1/12 world was very much present and dominant at the show. Here are some nice Joe customs! |
 |
| I did not buy any of these, but seeing these 1/6 scale Ultraman monsters caught my attention! |
 |
| Craft & Conquer is a small independent toy company that specializes in 3-D modeling and printing. They brought these humongous 3-D printed models to the show! |
 |
| This was one of their sublines where they attach armor to dinosaurs! |
 |
| These are some more 1/12 customs! |
 |
| I buy from Zhukov's Attic quite regularly. It was cool to meet them in person! |
 |
| Dime Novel Legends was based in the area, so they definitely came! Above is the exclusive Cavalry Lieutenant Colonel with a face sculpt eerily similar to Henry Fonda's. |
 |
| These are some more prototypes. The Mountie will eventually come with a Sasquatch, and Lone "Vigilante" will be out later this summer. |
 |
| Here are some more prototypes of the next two in their "Cops N Crooks" line. |
 |
| This show also had some great guests and seminars! This is a panel of former Hasbro designers and what they had to say about some of the 1/18 products they developed. |
 |
| One of my favorites, Greg Autore, presented more on the G.I. Joe Classic Collection! He and Derryl DePriest said that the Classic Collection was growing and profiting, but the CEO of Hasbro at the time did not like all of the separate directions that G.I. Joe was going. So, they scrapped both the 1/6 and 1/18 line and gave us Sigma Six... I know, LAME! |
 |
| Valaverse had a huge presence at the show, and what seemed like a never-ending line at their booth. Above is Bobby Vala showing off their upcoming "Man O War" figure! |
 |
| Valaverse also debuted prototypes of their "Extras" subline! |
 |
| Here are some more Valaverse figures from their "The Black" subline. |
 |
| Having early access and free 3 day admission at the show was a danger I did not anticipate. I picked up a lot of good stuff in all scales! |
 |
| I found some more of those concept Hasbro soft goods development items at this show! |
 |
| I found some really well priced 1/12 figures at this show as well! |
 |
| Of course, I picked up some 1/18 that I got a deal on! |
 |
| Mark Tebbe gave me this sticker sheet out of his Ultra Corps concept book! These were the factory sheets that contained the stickers for each vehicle they produced. These sheets were not available in the actual set. It was a very nice gift! |
It was a super busy weekend, but I had a blast at this show! I spent way too much money there, but I had a good time! I will definitely work this show again if asked to volunteer. You should stop by if you like figures of any scale, dioramas, and behind-the-scenes info on your favorite action figures!
I will be publishing an article soon about the dioramas of this show!
G.I. Joe Forever!
-Chuck
Comments
Post a Comment