Gods & Monsters!

I went toy hunting in Orlando, FL and found some pretty jaw dropping places!


Gods & Monsters was among them!

Gods & Monsters is located inside a tiny strip mall in Orlando, FL!

The interior is skinny, but tall. The place is filled with figures, tabletop gaming, and many other eye-catching props!

These are the Square Enix Play Arts Kai Kirk and Spock from the 2009 Star Trek movie. They look really cool, but unfortunately, these are the only two crew members they made for this line. It also does not help that they are really expensive and stand at an incompatible 10 inches tall against other figures.

It is not a figure, but I had to take a picture of this John Carpenter's 1988 They Live mask!

They had some Sideshow Universal Monsters loose, but the prices were higher than I would have liked to pay. I had my eye on that Nosferatu though!

I was immediately brought back to my Japan trip when I saw these Gashapon machines! They did not have the interesting ones I saw in Japan though.

These are the Neca Mego-esque Jaws figures. They look really cool, but I envision they do not play well coming from Neca. Noticeably absent is Police Chief Brody, which I believe Neca could not secure Roy Scheider's likeness rights.

Many of the top shelves had stellar displays of some of the product they were selling! Here are Jurassic Park dinosaurs strategically placed next to plastic flora for a fun aesthetic!

Again, not a figure, but I thought this Necronomicon from the Evil Dead movies was definitely cool!

The Mondo 1/6 He-Man figures are gorgeous pieces of toy art! I do not care to pay those prices for them, but I do buy the 1/12 Masterverse figures when I find them for cheap.

Another interesting gimmick to this store is that they have a bar towards the back!

I do not drink, but I certainly appreciate the atmosphere of the place!

I noticed that most of the geek stores in Orlando also have these life-sized replicas of cool icons!

The entrance not only has Darth Vader, but also a life-sized Hulk and Spiderman on a balcony!

God & Monsters was a very fun store to walk through. Sadly, they did not have anything I really needed to buy. The place is definitely worth a stop though!

I did not photograph this other store, but I would also suggest visiting Echo Base Collectibles in the Orlando area. The owner was very nice, and I found some cool figures I needed there too!

-Chuck

Comments

Popular Posts