Toy Vault!

When I ventured to see Hasbro in Rhode Island, I also sought to see what the local toy culture was like as well! Word of mouth in the area pointed me to the Toy Vault!


See what the Rhode Island secondary toy market has to offer below!

The Toy Vault is a toy store at the Warwick Mall in Warwick, RI!

They specialize in new/used and modern/vintage toys, mostly action figures!

They had some loose Marvel Legends, but their prices and selection was pretty eh.

This 40th Anniversary Joe caught my eye, but the price for this guy was not worth it. His inner elastic is probably already loose by this point as well.

They carried the 1/12 G.I. Joe competitor, Action Force. These prices were not horrible, but I never got into this line, and now, I am glad I never did. I do not collect the G.I Joe Classified line, but Hasbro pretty much made Action Force obsolete after a year or two with their superior SGT Slaughter release.

I was surprised to see the 1/18 Hiya Toys Judge Dredd figures. Judge Dredd is an awesome character, and I have handled these figures before; it is a good line for the 2000 A.D. fan.

They had a wall of Gundam kits. I know there is strong following for these in Japan. There is a decent niche of fans domestically as well.

They had a few NECA figures. Garax, henchman to Ming the Merciless, is definitely the hardest to find from this line. I do not think Neca produced as many of him, Mandrake, or Lothar.

In the early 2000's, a smaller company called Toy Vault (not associated with this store) produced figures for one of my favorite Sci-Fi shows, Farscape! The show was highly entertaining and creative; unfortunately these figures did not match that same energy.

I have run into this NECA diorama set before. I think it would be pretty cool for smaller, convenient photo ops, but I have never seen it for a price worth paying.

I definitely do not do the Hot Toys, but it is neat to see so many in person as opposed to seeing just their preorder listings online!

I could care less for alternate reality story lines, but this Soviet Superman is very striking! I think Mego has really hit it out of the park with their revamped line of classic 8-inch figures. They are also a fantastic value for the retail Mego suggests!

This is one of my favorite Marvel Legend boxsets! I got the standard edition of this set on Christmas morning back in 2005. The set pictured is actually the harder to find variant with phasing Human Torch and transparent Invisible Woman!

This Round 2 rendition of Captain Action is one of my favorite 1/6 action figures. This figure has shot up high in value since his 2012 release. Word on the street is that the ole Captain is coming back n soon, but I really do not trust any info CA Enterprises releases.

This cabinet of mostly loose Marvel Legends had some cool pieces, but nothing worth the tag prices on them.

One of the display windows to the mall showcased this HasLab Galactus for $600. It is a great piece, but I only get these during the campaign. $600 is too much to drop on a toy at one time.

To be honest, I was actually disappointed from what this Rhode Island establishment had to offer. Their selection was pretty much standard stuff I could find in figure stores in most major cities. Their prices were not anything to brag about either. At least I can say I visited it, and now I know.


-Chuck

Comments

Popular Posts