The Total Nostalgia Toy Store & Nerdy Yard Sale!

As an action figure enthusiast, I fancy stores that specialize in well... action figures! One of those stores is Total Nostalgia!


I have patronized Total Nostalgia numerous times, but I decided to cover the store and its noteworthy occasional Nerdy Yard Sale!

Total Nostalgia is located in Trinity, AL, and specializes in retro toys, comics, records, and more! On May 28, 2022, they also coordinated their Nerdy Yard Sale outside the store!

Their shop is is crammed with new and vintage figures, both boxed and loose. I first heard about their store when they had a toy booth at a smaller convention with well-priced Star Trek figures.

I always check the loose Marvel Legend section. It is nice for cheaper versions of uncommon figures.

They have a ton of wrestling figures. I do not buy wrestling figures, but I have a high respect for them. Modern wrestling figures possess great likenesses, accurate proportions, and superior articulation. I have a theory that Mattel devotes their best development team to the wrestling series. If the action figure market was not so flooded with competing lines, I would probably dive into these!

Their aisles are so full of bizarre toys, they also carry odd one-off products such as this "Bag of Violence" 1/12 accessory set!

This a 5-inch Matt Smith Doctor Who boxed set from Britain's Character Options. I used to own a few of these, but after both the line and the show severely dwindled, I got rid of them. They are decent figures having recognizable likenesses, decent articulation, and a thorough selection of the show's characters.

This is the co-owner's personal collection. He is a huge Mighty Morphin Green Ranger fan. The Green Ranger actor, Jason David Frank, even came to the store as an event last fall; apparently, he is a super guy!

Co-owner of Total Nostalgia, Phillip Dobbins, holds an 1/18 action figure of himself that is an exclusive to the store and Nerdy Yard Sale!

Outside the store on this particular Saturday, was Total Nostalgia's occasional Nerdy Yard Sale! It was basically a meeting of local toy enthusiasts selling off excess parts of their collections!

One vendor had a loose box of Star War Black Series figures. They were not exactly cheap, but my friend managed to snag four rare Clone Troopers for less than $20 each.

Now this was a sight to see! This vendor sold carded 25th-era Joes for roughly $5 a piece! I cleaned up much of his table and even got some rock-bottom priced club exclusives!

There was not much 1/6 stuff available at this gathering. These three were about all I saw, and their parts and prices were nothing to gawk about.

Here is a 2001 Spider-Man Classics Yellow-Suited Daredevil. This Toybiz series eventually evolved into two beloved lines I collect. The Spider-Man Classics line continued into blister-packaging with figures being more action-feature focused. Toybiz then kept the clamshell packaging with comic/diorama scheme for the original Marvel Legends line!

One table was selling bagged sets of loose, older Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S.! They were well-priced from what I compared to their eBay sales, but I did not need to invest in a new line. I have handled these before, and they are excellent 1/18 figures, especially if you are a fantasy/mythology fan.

Here was another rare find!. One nice vendor was selling his Marauder Task Force collection. Most of these are custom, but some of them were the "Geared-Up" homages to ARAH G.I. Joe characters. These were very cheap compared to their Internet counterparts as well. MTF figures are great to customize with because they are highly modular, but still retain complete playability!

This is the carded version of the Phillip figure shown above. The figure is made from MTF parts with some other extra additions. Don't tell Hasbro about the packaging's logo!

This was my score of the day! With the total I paid, and the amount of figures I received, all of these figures averaged to about $15 each. That is incredible considering most of these are carded, and three of them are hard-to-find exclusives!

I have been going to Total Nostalgia for years, because it is a jolly store with an immense variety of toys to purchase. The owners are very knowledgeable and a trip to talk to. If you are ever in the Decatur, AL area, I would encourage stopping at this fantastic store, especially during a Nerdy Yard Sale weekend!

Their website is here!

-Chuck

Comments

Popular Posts