Columbia Toy Expo 2020: A Con Review!

I was near the Annual Columbia Toy Expo on September 27, so I dropped in! (I don't usually hit up so many toy shows per year, but for some odd reason this year, they just happen to be convenient to my locations!)



The show's full name was the Columbia Comic, Toy, and Collectibles Expo, and apparently it has been trucking on for 23 years. This was a smaller show, but most of people were down to earth and the prices were pretty good! Admission was only $10, which was not bad either. Here are some photos of what the show offered.


Columbia Toy Expo at the Jamil Temple.

As usual, plenty of current Marvel Legends. Thankfully, I get most of mine in the wild for below retail.

Loose doll bins. If they are a decent price per doll, these are worth looking at for random high end Barbies or 1/6 Joes.

One dealer had vintage Joes. I don't usually buy these, but he had some loose pieces worth looking at.

Cool 80's Lego Medieval sets MIB. These were above my price range, but they are always nice to gaze at.

Kaiju vinyls. I like these as rivals for S.H. Figuarts Ultraman figures. I was interested in the Space Godzilla, but his price was higher than I wanted to pay.

This con had a little bit of cosplay as well, so I took photos of what fancied my tastes.

Homecoming Spiderman chillin'

Ron Stokes and the local Ghostbusters. I respect Ghostbusters enthusiasts because their costumes are time intensive and Ghostbusters is not a hipster fad.

Ghostbusting on Jason Voorhees!

I picked up a good show loot for only $44. I discovered a shoe box of vintage Legos, a MIB Afro-Caribbean basic Ultimate Soldier, a loose Speed Racer Trixie Barbie, an original 70's Eagle Eye G.I.Joe head, and a Toybiz Series 6 Phoenix Marvel Legend! For the amount I spent at this show, I was very happy with what I brought home!


Cheap odds and ends are best at cons because these items are too individually expensive online.


The Columbia Toy Expo had decent prices, a good toy selection, and nice people. This was a very chill and enjoyable toy show. I am not usually local to Columbia, SC, but if I were, I would definitely visit this show again!

-Chuck

Comments

Popular Posts